1. To get to the Google Insights page first navigate to the “Placements” section of the dashboard on the left-hand side. Once there click on the “Google” subsection.
1. At the top of the page there is the first group of insights:
2. Below that first group of insights are a few charts that help to give visual representations of these metrics. The first chart is titled “Search Your Business” which compares direct and discovery searches
3. To the right of the “Search Your Business” chart is the “Customer’s Business View” chart. This breaks down your total views by showing you if they were shown on Google Search or Google Maps. The chart also shows what date these views occurred and how many there were on each date. Just like the other chart you are able to change the period of time with a drop-down menu.
4. If you scroll down a bit there will be two more charts. The “Customer’s Action” chart divides the types of actions your prospects have taken and on what date they occurred. These actions include website visits, calls, and requesting directions to your location on Google Maps. Like the other charts the drop-down menu allows you to edit the period of time you’d like to analyze.
5. Lastly, the “Phone Calls” chart shows you when and how many phone calls you’ve received. You can change the time period and can get as specific as to find out what day of the week and time a phone call occurred by editing the drop-down menus.
6. That’s all of the Google Insights our dashboard provides! You can use these to see how your local search engine results are performing and to gauge your online business presence.