What is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization. SEO is "the process of maximizing the number of visitors to a particular website by ensuring that the site appears high on the list of results returned by a search engine," (Oxford Languages). For search engines like Google they use an extremely complex algorithm to determine which search results they show to each user. There are 3 strategies to optimizing your SEO -Organic, Local and Paid.
- Organic SEO is when you are doing everything you can to make sure your page is ranked high without the use of ads. Organic SEO is the preferred method for most small to medium sized businesses and even many large businesses. This is because organic SEO builds over time and can often be far more effective than paid SEO at targeting and acquiring website visitors.
- Local SEO is the most important for GoSite clients because it is based on how you rank within a 17 mile radius and smaller proximity surrounding a service area. Our tools can directly help local SEO and ranking.
- Paid SEO - also called PPC (pay per click) SEO - is when your business pays Google to rank for specific keywords. Paid SEO involves bidding for certain keywords and having a maximum bid budget per day. GoSite does NOT offer any Paid SEO services.
How Placement Tool Improves SEO
- Our posting feature allows you to post business updates, new photos, monthly deals all in one place! Posting helps SEO by proving you are an active & credible business online. It is a great way to get information on Google and Facebook right from your phone.
- The Q&A feature can automatically boost your SEO ranking by responding to questions with accurate information about your business because Google allows anyone to respond to a question which could cause false information to be online. Google questions have an upvote feature and the more upvotes you get on a question, the more likely you will show in searches, similar to a post going viral on Facebook or Instagram. Your Q&A responses can go viral on Google!
- Listings are business directories that hold key pieces of information about your business. You can think of a Listing as anywhere online where your business name, address and phone shows (i.e. Yelp, Yahoo!, Google). If you have inconsistent business information you immediately won't rank well. Our Placement Tool instantaneously makes your Business Information consistent across 60+ Listings.
How Reviews Tool Improves SEO
- Reviews are the most controllable aspect of your online presence. The number of reviews you have is important because without reviews you can't prove your credibility. Almost 9 out of 10 consumers determine whether or not they can trust a business after reading 10 reviews*. Not only can you text out links for your customers to leave you a review through your GoSite dashboard, but you can also respond to each review right from your phone! Reviews improve SEO because Google scans through all the review content and will rank a business for specific keywords that reoccur in reviews and responses.