Website buttons are great for getting your website visitors invested in your business and help with easy website navigation . These are clickable icons which you can link to other place like other pages, email, phone number or even to an external URL.
1. Login to your GoSite Dashboard and click on “Sites” located on the left sidebar.
2. Hover over the website thumbnail and click “Edit”.
3. Click on the Edit icon (blue pencil) in the section of your website where you want to add a Button.
4. On the left side of your screen, drag the “Button” widget and drop it to the desired location in the section.
5. Click on the “Button” and the “Button Settings” menu will pop-out on the left side of your screen.
On the General Settings:
- Enter the name of your Button under "Button Text."
- To add an icon, type the name of the icon on the search bar or select from the icons below the search bar.
On the Advanced Settings:
- To adjust the button alignment, click the “Alignment” box, and choose whether to align your button to the center, left or right.
- To edit the hover effect of a button, click on the “Hover Effects” menu, and choose from the desired effect from among the options listed.
- Click on the “Button Rounded’ Slider to change the button shape to round or square-edged.
- Click on the “Background Color” drop-down menu to change the desired background color of your button.
- Click on “Upload Image” to choose an image to be displayed as the button background. Choose from either the “Images” or “GoSite Images” tab for button background and click "Continue" to proceed.
- Click on “Font Color" or "Border Color” menu boxes to edit your Button colors
- Adding codes to “Custom CSS” will allow you to adjust button shadows, font size, and font style. Click on the “Save” button to proceed.
6. Once you have completed your edits, click “Save” in the upper right corner of the screen.
7. After saving, click “Publish” to push your changes live on your site.
8. A window will appear confirming your site has been published!
Too busy to edit? We’re here to help!