The Messenger Tool and allows your clients to easily communicate with you on your website. Think of the the Messenger Tool as a way for clients and prospects to "text" you through your website. The Messenger Tool appears on your website as a Messenger Widget. The Messenger Widget is the small icon that appears on your website in the bottom right corner:
The messages your website visitors and client send here will appear in your GoSite dashboard in your "Messenger" tab. This article will cover the basics of replying to conversations in your Messenger Tool as well as starting next conversations.
Replying to Conversations Using your Messenger Tool
1. Login to your GoSite Dashboard then click on the “Messenger” tab on the left sidebar to see your messages. You also get notifications when you receive new messages (check the bell in the upper right corner).
2. To send a message to a client, scroll through the row of messages on the left. Then, select the message you’d like to respond to.
3. You can also search for specific conversations using the search bar.
4. Once you have selected your desired conversation, click “Write a message” at the bottom to draft your response.
5. After typing your message, hit the Send icon (paper plane).
Starting New Conversations Using your Messenger Tool
1. If you do not already have a conversation started with one of your clients, you can send a new message by clicking on “Send Message” in the top right.
Note: The dashboard will send the text from a computer auto-generated phone number that has your same area code so your customers know it’s from a local number. This number is located in the top right corner of your Messenger dashboard next to “Send Message.”
2. A pop-up will appear where you will be able to fill in the details of your message. You can enter a new phone number, or search for previous message threads by phone number. Then, type in your message.
3. Finally, press “Send” to send the message over to your client!
And there we have it! Messenger is a powerful tool that allows you to communicate with all your customers and keep a record of all ongoing and previous conversations.
Too busy to edit? We’re here to help!